Senior Software Engineer, Microservices Infrastructure
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100, 000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in the UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
The Microservices Infrastructure team has an enormous impact on the future of Box platform and has a wide scope - all the way from designing a scalable services platform to re-architecting the data models in our code base. We are looking for big thinkers and innovators to take on this problem space and deliver world class solutions. We are a small, passionate team that thinks big and is not afraid of huge, gnarly problems.
Our team is packed with motivated and business-savvy engineers who understand how critical our work is to Box. We are all aligned behind a common goal to make Box a shining example of a modern security-focused SaaS company.
We are a tight-knit team of developers responsible for the foundation of Box's microservice infrastructure and we're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who will become a Technical Leader of our team in Poland.
Many of the world's largest enterprises rely on Box for managing their content. Our customers impose some pretty unique scaling challenges on the engineering team in general and on infrastructure teams in particular. As Box is migrating the core of its service from a monolithic PHP codebase to Java microservices, the expectations of our infrastructure grow further still.
We're up for the challenge. Are you? :)
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Design and implement core microservice frameworks and services that power Box.
- Provide easy-to-use, highly reliable infrastructure for operating microservices at Box.
- Grow and strengthen Box microservice infrastructure to accommodate the core Box offering.
- Ensure that Box microservice infrastructure continues to support the needs of current microservice developers at Box.
- Model best practices in crafting systems and code with sound architectures, testability, scalability and maintainability.
- Communicate technical ideas and direction across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE?
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience in distributed systems.
- You have experience designing, building, and deploying high quality software.
- You have a passion for building distributed client/server systems at large scale.
- Strong coder with demonstrated proficiency in languages likeJava, Scala, Go, C or C++.
- You are excited about solving complex technical problems using data-driven solutions.
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions.
PERCENTAGE OF TIME SPENT
- 20% design
- 40% coding
- 10% Infrastructure
- 10% documentation
- 10% bug fixes
- 10% meetings
- Messaging - Slack
- Ticketing/Planning - JIRA
- Build server - Jenkins
- Virtualization - Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud infrastructure - GCP and AWS
- Application stack - Java Spring-based architecture; indirectly: Scala, Golang, Python and PHP
- Queue/Stream - Kafka, Google Pub/Sub
- Database - MySQL and HBase
- Caching - Redis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Warszawa, Mazowieckie, Poland
|Praca na stanowisku:||Senior Software Engineer, Microservices Infrastructure|
|Oferowane wynagrodzenie:||150.000 - 200.000|
|Dodano:||22. 7. 2022
Praca na stanowisku - aktualna
Bądź pierwszy, który ubiega się o to miejsce pracy!