Senior Open Source Engineer w/Golang
Kubernetes (nice to have)
Golang (advanced) We are a SaaS data analytics platform, solving complex problems for Engineering, SRE, DevOps, Security and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Epic Games, Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor , optimize and troubleshoot their large scale applications. Our micro services architecture in AWS processes hundreds of petabytes daily across many geographic regions.
We leverage leading open-source standards as a way to collect telemetry for our platform. As strong open source advocates, we aim at increasing our contributions to the community and we are now expanding our Open Source Team.
As a Senior Open Source Software Engineer you will:
- Contribute to open-source projects, either Sumo Logic's own or external ones.
- Write clean, maintainable and well-tested code in Golang and one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Bash, C, Rust, JS, C#
- Review PRs, respond to issues of other contributors.
- Be great with the open-source community - you know how to cooperate and communicate effectively.
- Own the problem and make your own decisions - take responsibility end to end.
- Openly share and remain open to new ideas, feedback and constructive criticism.
- Occasionally develop non-OSS backend projects.
Sumo Logic Poland has:
- More than 70 experienced, best-of-class software engineers.
- Shipped several impactful, game-changing projects, including Tracing and Kubernetes Monitoring.
Ideally, you will have:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- Strong coding skills in Golang and ideally one other language.
- Willingness to work with multiple programming languages.
- Full-time availability to work in one of our offices (Warsaw or Krakow), 100% remotely or in hybrid setup.
- Solid programming experience after graduation: around 3 years for Mid, 6 years for Senior, 9 years for Staff level role.
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as high scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Open-source contributions.
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Why it’s worth applying:
- Strong engineering teams.
- Stock bonus (up to 40%).
- $2000 / year educational budget for conferences.
- Hack weeks and biweekly tech talks.
- Private healthcare for you and your family/partner.
- Life & medical insurance.
- Sports card.
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.
Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
|Praca na stanowisku:||Senior Open Source Engineer w/Golang|
|Oferowane wynagrodzenie:||150.000 - 200.000|
|Dodano:||6. 8. 2022
Praca na stanowisku - aktualna