PhD student at Solar Energy Conversion group
ENSEMBLE3 is a new Centre of Excellence for nanophotonics, advanced materials, and novel crystal growth-based technologies located in Warsaw, Poland, created jointly by institutions from Poland, Germany, Italy, and Spain. The centre will work on the development of novel material technologies and advanced materials with unique electromagnetic properties, with potential applications in fields such as photonics, optoelectronics, telecommunication, solar energy conversion, medicine, and aerospace.
The ‘Solar Energy Conversion’ group, led by prof. Yuriy Dedkov, is responsible for leading the materials development in the Centre in the direction of solar energy conversion applications and is looking for Posdoc. Recent achievements in solar energy engineering focus on composite and multi-layer materials exhibiting highly optically-nonlinear properties which increase light conversion efficiency. The research goal of the group will be development of novel methods for obtaining materials in areas of photovoltaics photoelectrochemistry, and other energy conversion applications. Up to now, we have successfully demonstrated utilization of eutectic composites for generation of hydrogen in water splitting. The ‘Solar Energy Conversion’ research group is working in close contact with other groups of the Centre on the synthesis, characterization, including theory, of different materials and systems which can be used in energy conversion applications.
- Perform experiments regarding the development and characterization of new composite materials for solar energy conversion research (i.e., eutectic materials, nanoparticles in oxides and semiconductors, and others)
- Participate in experimental design and data analysis;
- Participate in the data preparation and writing of manuscripts;
- Collaborate with other group members;
- Actively participate in lab meetings, scientific seminars and conferences.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the field of materials science, physics, chemistry, or similar;
- Laboratory exposure to at least one of the following disciplines: : crystal growth, materials synthesis and characterization, will be a plus;
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English;
- A proactive approach to achieving tasks and objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude;
- A strong motivation for scientific research;
- Willingness to learn and take new challenges, ability to work independently.
- CV (including a list of projects/publications);
- Cover letter;
- Copy of MSc diploma or equivalent;
- Name and addresses of two references.
- Full-time employment;
- Opportunity to work in an innovative scientific environment;
- International cooperation with experienced researchers;
- Competitive salary;
- Administrative support for visa and related documentation;
- Access to well-staffed core facilities.
Physics, Chemistry, Materials science or related fields
Job type (employment contract/stipend):
Full-time employment contract
Number of job offers:
Remuneration/stipend amount/month (“X0 000 PLN of full remuneration cost, i.e. expected net salary at X 000 PLN”):
Gross monthly salary up to 6, 600 PLN or monthly stipend up to 4500 PLN.
Position starts on:
Maximum period of contract/stipend agreement:
December 2023 (possible to elongate)
Pursuant to Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on the protection of data) GDPR, we would like to inform you that:
- The administrator of your personal data is ENSEMBLE3 SPÓŁKA Z OGRANICZONĄ ODPOWIEDZIALNOŚCIĄ with its registered office in (01-919) Warsaw, ul. Wólczyńska 133, REGON: 386406355, NIP: 1182211096, KRS 0000858669. (hereinafter referred to as ENSEMBLE3) www.ensemble3.eu
- In matters related to the processing of your data by the Administrator, you can contact the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Your data will be processed in order to carry out the recruitment process, pursuant to the provisions of labor law, in particular art. 221 and following of the Act of June 26, 1974, the Labor Code (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1320 - in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR).
- Data not required by law, provided by you in the documents sent, will be processed on the basis of consent for which their transfer will be treated (Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR). In addition, your personal data may be processed for purposes related to future recruitment processes, on the basis of a separate consent expressed by you.
- As regards the information indicated in the advertisement as necessary, in accordance with the Labor Code - providing data is mandatory and necessary to participate in the recruitment process. Failure to provide them may prevent participation in the recruitment process. Providing data other than those indicated in the advertisement as required does not affect the recruitment process and is not necessary.
- The consent to the processing of personal data may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the processing that took place before its withdrawal. In this case, data not required by ENSEMBLE3 will be deleted as redundant.
- Providing your personal data by you is a statutory requirement for participation in the recruitment for the position specified in the recruitment announcement on the basis of the provisions of the labor law, in particular art. 221 and following of the Act of June 26, 1974, the Labor Code (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1320 - in accordance with Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR).
- The recipients of your personal data may only be entities that are entitled to receive them under the law. In addition, your data may be made available to couriers, postal operators and entities involved in the project related to the creation of ENSEMBLE3, that is:
- Łukasiewicz Research Network,
- Supporting entity: National Center for Research and Development - experts in the field of legal and organizational protection.
- Entities responsible for financing the project under which ENSEMBLE3 is created:
- under the program EU H2020-WIDESPREAD-2016-2017 TEAMING PHASE 2-European Commission,
- under the International Research Agendas (IRA) program of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund,
- by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- Your personal data will be kept for a period of 3 months. After this period, due to the requirements of the project co-financed by the entities listed in point 8, your personal data will be processed (only in the form of archiving) for a period of 10 years. If you consent to the processing of data for further recruitment purposes, the data will be processed for a period of 1 year. After this period, your applications are deleted and the candidates personal data are not processed for any other purpose. We do not send the application back. We only contact selected people.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data, as well as to rectify (correct) it. You also have the right to request deletion or restriction of processing, as well as to object to processing, but only if further processing is not necessary for the Administrator to fulfill the legal obligation and there are no other overriding legal grounds for processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint against the processing of your data carried out by the Administrator to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office (uodo.gov.pl) and to the supervisory body, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement..
- Your personal data will not be profiled and will not be sent to third countries.
|Firma:||ENSEMBLE3 sp. z o. o.|
|Praca na stanowisku:||PhD student at Solar Energy Conversion group|
|Dodano:||12. 10. 2021
Praca na stanowisku - aktualna
Bądź pierwszy, który ubiega się o to miejsce pracy!