Medical Review Scientist
Posted Date: Mar 16 2023
GSK is expanding the Oncology Clinical Development organization and we are seeking experienced professionals to join our exciting journey. GSK Oncology has a commitment to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, specifically in three areas of cancer research: Tumor Cell Targeting, Immuno-Oncology and Synthetic Lethality.
Oncology Clinical Development is further expanding the specialized Clinical Trial Medical Review Team (CTMRT), which is wholly integrated within the global Oncology Clinical Development function and is composed of Medical Review (MR) Scientists and MR Physicians. CTMRT staff, composed of Clinical Scientists and Physicians, integrate seamlessly with the core study team and are highly valued MR subject matter experts (SMEs) with a focus on excellence in content and delivery of instream medical review with the goal of delivering a complete, robust, and medically accurate data package. The CTMRT works with fellow Oncology Clinical Development staff from a centralized work location – based in Warsaw, Poland – that has close ties with other functions located at the local site. You can learn more about the GSK Poland Hub here [add a link].
In this role as a MR Scientist you will be responsible for performing targeted medical review activities across multiple oncology studies with a wide range of therapeutic modalities and tumor types.
This role will give YOU the opportunity to work on key activities to progress YOUR career,
these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsible for the medical consistency and robustness of clinical data that cannot be processed by computerized means:
- Assist in iterative, in-stream, standardized data review that employs medical judgment, with intent to ensure data accurately and completely reflect the clinical course of participant(s) in the study
- This review requires a holistic approach within and across study participants, and a deep understanding of the study protocol, patient population and medical knowledge. The medical review will encompass participant eligibility, protocol adherence, medical consistency, safety checks, as well as efficacy checks when appropriate. A Medical Review Plan (MRP) guides this activity and is a “living document” that will be updated and adapted as the study progresses. MR Scientist will support Associate Director/Director, MR Scientist in MRP development, and in collaboration with the Data Management and Clinical Development teams
- Assist in setting up medical review tools – such as reviewing the specifications, identifying critical variables, and performing user acceptance testing (UAT) – that will support medical review throughout the study
- During the data collection phase, the MR Scientist executes medical review in line with the MRP for which s/he is responsible as defined during the set-up phase. In this context MR Scientist will primarily drive targeted reviews i. e. associated with a specific parameter or dataset.
- Collaborate with the Centralized Monitoring team to identify key study risks based on the iterative medical review
- Responsible to the Associate Director/Director, Medical Review Scientist for: review of medical-related protocol deviations, raising and responding to medical queries in the database, analysis of trends for data inconsistencies and flagging areas that require additional site training, etc. May be responsible for developing site training materials to address issues identified
- May participate and contribute to weekly core study team meetings and update the teams on the status of medical review, trend analysis, etc
- Support the Data Management team in ensuring the eCRFs and eCRF Completion Guidelines accurately reflect the patient population under study and the scope of the protocol
- Require a close collaboration with the study’s Clinical Development team to discuss/review complex medical questions and concepts as needed
- May participate in review of initial Clinical Study Report narratives or narratives in support of an Independent Data Monitoring Committee (IDMC)
- Manage timelines and deliverables as the CTMRT team member across multiple studies
- Lead administrative tasks related to medical review process i. e. tracking queries, metrics etc.
- Bachelors in Life Science degree with 2+ years of industry or, in lieu, relevant clinical experience and demonstrated capabilities and experiences
- Knowledge and adherence to Good Clinical Practice principles
- Proficient communicator (i. e. , good command of spoken and written English) with excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to work productively in a fast-paced collaborative team environment with a positive attitude
- Advanced degree (e. g. MS, PhD, PharmD) or equivalent experience
- Oncology clinical development experience
- Experience with data review/interpretation, medical review or equivalent, study design and the clinical development process
- Experience using electronic data capture (EDC) systems, query management, and medical review tools
- Demonstrated track record of quality decision-making and creative problem resolution in critical situations, based on assessment of all relevant supporting and conflicting information/factors and understanding of the wider context; willingness to think out of the box
We also offer:
- Contract of employment
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2. 5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Warszawa, Mazowieckie, Poland
|Pracovni_pozice:||Medical Review Scientist|
|Oferowane wynagrodzenie:||60.000 - 100.000|
|Dodano:||19. 3. 2023
Praca na stanowisku - aktualna
Bądź pierwszy, który ubiega się o to miejsce pracy!
Dlaczego szukać pracy na HitPraca.pl?
Codziennie nowe oferty pracy Możesz wybierać z bardzo szerokiej gamy ofert pracy - naszym celem jest posiadanie jak najszerszej oferty pracy Otrzymuj nowe oferty e-mailem Bądź pierwszym, który odpowie na nowe oferty pracy Wszystkie oferty pracy w jednym miejscu (od pracodawców, agencji pośrednictwa pracy i innych portali) Wszystkie usługi dla kandydatów do pracy są bezpłatne Pomożemy Ci znaleźć nową pracę