Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer
Ref No: HTK/
The team – Wealth & Private Banking – Chief Technology Officer - Business Automation Technology (WPB CTO BAT)
WPB CTO BAT team within HSBC Technology Poland is positioned as a nearshore location for European countries, widely supported by the bigger offshore teams on deliveries. Team is helping to build, implement and maintain new initiatives and systems mainly for the internal HSBC employees in EU region. We are building new internal solutions and enabling local businesses to strive and meet not only regulatory demands but also their growth agenda. Being located in Technology Centre is a strong enabler for EU region as team is playing role of a bridge between in-country IT teams and other technology teams within HSBC. Our products cover multiple aspects and areas – digital signature, workflow, content management, process streamlining and automation. All this is achieved with high level of autonomy and ability to choose our path and technology direction we would like to implement in the EU countries. We are seeking new team members who would help to guide and lead the delivery teams, help us to evolve technologically and bring new technologies and technical capabilities to the stakeholders and EU business.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help our agile software development team build & deliver simplification/automation solutions across the region. Lead Software Engineer is responsible not only for technical excellence, driving deliveries of multiple strategic initiatives, ensuring smooth technical implementation but also for commercializing our solutions, increasing our visibility across the bank & building strong and long-term relationship with Business partners. Additionally, he/she is responsible of proactively rolling out technical strategy like cloud roadmap, DevOps tooling adoption and further DevSecOps adoption, helping to take the team to the next level. Lead engineer should also be supervisioning & guiding less experienced team members, not only from technical perspective but also around best practices, security aspects and formal procedures like ITSA EHC etc.
Technical purpose of the job is a full stack development of. Net based solutions. Job duties include software development & automated tests, discussing specifications with the business in Agile environment and providing support when necessary. The team works in an international environment supporting 20 countries in European time zone. Software Engineer participates in the entire project life cycle starting from inception till transition. Very strong emphasis on quality with TDD/ATDD and continuous integration/continuous deployment is already put in place.
Your role will be to proactively drive, lead and deliver various initiatives/projects, process simplification, adoption of good practices and be ready for non standard projects. Also, the role is about leading continuous improvement on delivery/tooling and usage of tools for CI&CD, software quality controls & security checks. We are looking for someone who is equally technically strong and understands the technical aspects of software delivery processes/lifecycles but in the same time he/she is expected to be strong at business communication. Ability to grasp quickly the subject and gain a solid understanding of the existing processes, system flows and components currently in use is also essential. We’re looking for passionate, team loving, agile evangelising, technology enthusiasts to join the team and become part of our journey to shape and change the future of HSBC.
• Lead is accountable for successful delivery of Technology projects by our. Net Team:
o Analyze and propose solutions based on business requirements,
o Efficiently translate these requirements into working software,
o Demo the solution to the business and incorporate feedback,
o Amend and produce specifications/documentation as required,
o Investigate live system faults, diagnose problems, propose and provide solutions,
o Complete projects in a timely manner.
• Proactively rolling out technical strategy like cloud roadmap and DevOps tooling adoption, best practices, security aspects and formal procedures like ITSA / EHC etc
• Supporting other team members during their development activites, including supervisioning & guiding less experienced developers
• Supporting IT PMs & Delivery Managers to manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications and budgets
• Ensuring adherence to standard controls and drive deliveries to achieve compliance and framework, capability management, security controls and technology architecture designs
• University or Technical College graduate (preferable in IT) followed by at least 8 years of programming experience
• Good knowledge of & working experience with (order as per priority):
o. NET, C#
o Databases (MS SQL Server 2012 or higher; PostgreSQL would be an advantage)
o Entity Framework, Unity
o Clean Code Principles, C# Design patterns.
o TDD/ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
o DevOps & DevSecOps
o Micro-services based architecture
• Cloud knowledge & experience (GCP or AWS) would be a big plus
• Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
• Team player with good interpersonal skills and adaptable to change
• Curiosity and learning capabilities, ability to absorb new technologies & procedures quickly
• Self organized and have good business communication experience
• Ability to work in a team of diversified international environment
• Ability to work efficiently and independently under pressure
• Knowledge of how banks work and operate would be a plus
• Experience in a corporate world is a significant plus
We thank all interested candidates for their applications. Please send your CV to katarzyna. firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Only those applications that include the candidate's consent to process personal data by HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o. o. , in accordance with the Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Acts of 2002, No 101, pos. 926 with later amendments) will be considered.
Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
|Praca na stanowisku:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Oferowane wynagrodzenie:||100.000 - 150.000|
|Dodano:||7. 4. 2022
Praca na stanowisku - aktualna
Bądź pierwszy, który ubiega się o to miejsce pracy!