Working with us you’ll be at the heart of the technological revolution of one of the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. Our wholesale adoption of Public Cloud means that we need to scale intelligently with an eye on the future.
Behind the bet, you’ll join a team of people releasing cutting edge, fully functional software to customers globally, in an agile environment where you will have the autonomy to drive good solutions design, sound architectural practices and a consistent approach across the whole of Trading Technology and further into our organisation.
Your role in the team
As a Data Architect, you will be a driving force for transformations in the data capabilities of William Hill. You’ll design and deploy a market-leading, cloud-based data platform, supporting several key initiatives within the business strategy. These initiatives are aimed at moving towards a data-driven operating model that will place customer needs at the forefront of our products and services. You'll be part of an architectural peer group that works in Poland and the UK.
- You’ll ensure that all designs meet the business needs, are clearly articulated, meet our standards of quality, and are well communicated outside of your architecture peers so that our teams clearly understand the why and the how, not just the what.
- You will develop and maintain the Trading Tech data technical roadmap capturing the as-is and to-be vision. This will be developed by working with our Engineers and Architects and must be presented / circulated to senior stakeholders.
- We'll rely on your guidance on opportunities for technical adoption supporting our business targets. Working in partnership with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and Developers, you'll make sure teams can realise the architecture and understand the approach by flexing your communication style to suit the audience.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end architectural design, governance adherence and stakeholder engagement for all of your solutions.
- Maintain a strong customer focus ensuring regular communication and reporting.
- Raise and resolve any architectural issues/risks that could have implications against the security model or would be detrimental to the delivery of our services.
- Engaging and directing any ‘Proof of Concept’ or prototyping of solutions.
- You’ll already be a data solution architect, technical business analyst or principal data engineer looking for your next adventure.
- You'll need to possess knowledge of real-time and stream analytics trends, plus Demonstrable hands-on experience implementing Big Data solutions using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Azure.
- You'll need to bring extensive experience and deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases (e. g. PostgreSQL, MySQL), data warehousing (e. g. Redshift, Snowflake), big data (e. g. Hadoop, Spark, Flink) and NoSQL (e. g. Redis, Mongo, Dynamo) etc.
- You will have a well-rounded technical repertoire covering software design patterns, infrastructure design, business and process analysis, messaging systems, data stores, web-based systems and what makes it all tick.
- You’re driven by solving problems at enterprise scale in a near real-time environment where the data moves every second of every day and cannot stop without significant business impact.
- Ideally, you’ll be certified in AWS as a Solution Architect. If you don’t have the certifications yet, then don’t worry, as we’ll help you get there.
- Practical experience of UML design and business modelling tools such as ArchiMate would be a benefit but not a deal-breaker.
You’ll get to work with like-minded individuals in great teams based across the globe. All working in Agile delivery methods and deploying into Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You’ll have the autonomy to flex your strategy and solution design across a truly global product that drives the heart of our sports betting for William Hill worldwide.
We have a generous personal learning budget joined with 10% learning time throughout each month to help you learn and grow.
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city centre with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities - virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
- Flexible working practices - in Covid-19 times we work from home.
- Ultimately depending on circumstances, you may be able to work up to 80% of your normal working time from home.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all around the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Argentina, Morocco, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, Libya and many other countries.
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to the Vistula river - we're in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
|Firma:||William Hill PLC|
Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
|Praca na stanowisku:||Data Architect|
|Oferowane wynagrodzenie:||60.000 - 100.000|
|Dodano:||6. 8. 2022
Praca na stanowisku - aktualna
Bądź pierwszy, który ubiega się o to miejsce pracy!