CI/CD Software Engineer, Core App
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
Today, Box powers over 100, 000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud. Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in UK, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU?
While a significant part of Box's operations is managed by Java and Scala microservices, a monolithic PHP codebase is responsible for much of the critical application logic. This large codebase is contributed by hundreds of developers at Box and is deployed to all environments, including production, multiple times a day.
We're looking for a strong Software Engineer to bootstrap the new Monolith CI/CD team in Poland.
The team's mission: to ensure that code makes it from developers' laptops to consumption by our customers safely, frequently and expeditiously.
Are you up for the challenge? :)
WHAT YOU'LL DO?
- Design, develop and maintain CI/CD software pipelines that take Box Monolith changes from conception to production safely and expeditiously.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers within the team and at Box in general.
- Help develop and foster Box culture in the recently open Poland office.
- Represent Box Poland internally and externally.
WHO YOU ARE?
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e. g. Java, C++, Go, Python, etc).
- Strong understanding of basic software design principles and patterns.
- Solid grasp of at least one modern source code management solution (e. g. Git, SVN, CVS, etc).
- Interest in CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous delivery) area.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Unix/Linux system administration and troubleshooting experience.
- Proficiency in PHP.
- Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD solutions (e. g. Jenkins, CircleCI, etc).
- Familiarity with modern compute infrastructure technologies (e. g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, etc) as well as infrastructure-as-code tools (e. g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc).
- Understanding of distributed systems fundamentals.
PERCENTAGE OF TIME SPENT
- 50% developer support
- 20% evolving existing infrastructure
- 20% new features
- 10% meetings
- Agile management - Scrum, Kanban
- Issue tracking tool - Jira
- Knowledge repository - Confluence, GitHub
- Version control system - GIT
- Build server - Jenkins
- Virtualization - Docker
- Provisioning - Puppet, Terraform
- Cloud infrastructure - Openstack, GCP
- Operating system - Linux, macOS
- Application stack - JVM, Spring, Apache, PHP, nginx
- Databases - MySQL, Redis, Proprietary, Memcached
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our Personnel Privacy Notice.
For more details on how Box Poland protects your information, please see our Supplemental Personnel and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Warszawa, Mazowieckie, Poland
|Praca na stanowisku:||CI/CD Software Engineer, Core App|
|Oferowane wynagrodzenie:||100.000 - 150.000|
|Dodano:||22. 7. 2022
Praca na stanowisku - aktualna
Bądź pierwszy, który ubiega się o to miejsce pracy!